There is something to love about every season in Philadelphia but there’s just something special about autumn in the city. This is when the city shines. It’s buzzing and filled with many exciting events: arts and cultural happenings, community and industry events, dazzling light spectacles, and, of course, planning and celebrating the holidays. Taking brisk walks through our historical area or biking along the Schuylkill Trail surrounded by magnificent fall colors are a few of my favorite.
No holiday party is complete without music. And, this year again, our music will set the vibe to many private events during the season. We are excited about it!
SOME OF THIS YEAR’S HIGHLIGHTS –
– With the help of our team, LB Entertainment produced many successful and exciting performances for many distinctive and stylish events: InLiquid Art & Design Benefit at The Crane Arts Building; Hair O’ The Dog at The Sheraton Center City; Crosspoint at Valley Forge Opening Celebration; Penn Medicine Alumni Weekend at The Hyatt at the Bellevue; Penn Law Benefactors’ Dinner at Hotel Monaco – just to name a few.
– We expanded the scope of our musical offering to include electronic compositions and live saxophone performances.
– LB received Ableton Live Producer Certificate Program from Dubspot in New York City in June. Dubspot is the premier electronic music and DJ school in the world, with courses available in New York City, Los Angeles and online. In this program, Laurent learned Ableton Live by going through the entire process of being an artist, by developing his own sound through a series of sketches and experimentation; learning the ins and outs of this powerful software through a series of exercises designed to help him master the steps involved in producing his own music; and, ultimately, creating and completing tracks to add to his portfolio.
– LB & LB Jazz + One reached top #10 rank on Reverbnation’s chart for Philadelphia Jazz, Latin, Acid Jazz.
– Original electronic music compositions: LB’s recent and well received compositions integrate his new expertise in electronic music, his experience as a multi-instrumentalist and his connection to his musical roots. These can be heard at http://www.reverbnation.com/laurentlbbass or at http://www.lbentertainmentintl.com :
– Feeling Good – Free Moving – Storm Surge – Falling River – Shadow Dream – Sky Travel – Golden Glow
– Mélange Jazz Collective completed an exciting jazz demo recording at Milkboy Studio – Bert Harris, upright bass; Steve Strawitz, guitar; LB, soprano and tenor sax.
– New original and funky compositions by Bert Harris and Steve Strawitz were added to Melange Jazz Collective’s jazz portfolio.
– Local chapters of industry associations (MPI, ISES, HSMAI) are very active as they host monthly educational and networking events. Laurent and I attended several of them. It’s always a great learning experience and the occasion to see our friends and meet new ones.
– Joined PHLCVB – A great way to stay connected with PHL!
– We’re proud to be a PHL Ambassador and Certified Hospitality Professional and show off our city as a world class destination to live, work and visit.
– We are grateful to have been named a preferred or exclusive entertainment vendor for these premier venues and add them to our current list.
• THE preferred vendor for entertainment at R2L Private Events. Check out the brochure on this sophisticated and elegant venue – http://r2l.uberflip.com/i/201261
• Listed on World Café Live as one of their Preferred Vendors for entertainment – http://philly.worldcafelive.com/private-events.html
• Approved and exclusive entertainment vendor for Seasons 52, private events, King of Prussia – https://www.seasons52.com/en/group-dining/PA/King-of-Prussia/4510
UPCOMING PERFORMANCES –
We have several engagements scheduled throughout the season for private corporate and social events. You can also catch our musicians at Paris Wine Bar http://www.londongrill.com/paris-wine-bar/. Bert Harris Trio – Bert, upright bass; LB, sax; Karen Smith, percussion – is performing on November 21and December 20, 6pm to 9pm. Paris Wine Bar is a great spot to listen to live jazz in an intimate setting, enjoy French inspired dishes and sip some of their special wine collection.
Mélange Jazz Collective (Bert Harris, LB, Steve Strawitz on guitar, Kimpedro Rodriguez on drums) will be back performing at Manayunk Brewery Restaurant for Sunday Jazz Brunch on January 5, 2015, 10:30am to 2:30pm.
Interview by Laurent:
How did you get started in the music and entertainment industry?
Danielle: In 2006, I had the opportunity to consider a career change. For more than 20 years, I worked in international sales, marketing and management in the industrial sector. I was actually looking for a position where I could use my management skills and experience into a field that would enhance my professional career in creativity, innovation and leadership. At that time, LB Entertainment was looking for an event professional and consultant to assist them with the rapid growth of their entertainment and production event business, and to expand their brand. I love music, many genres … and would like to add that I can attribute a lot of my jazz appreciation to you and to my many musician friends.This was the perfect fit. I then attended Temple University School of Tourism and Hospitality Management as they offer an excellent program in event planning and management and received their award winning Event Leadership Executive Cert. Program.
How would you describe your position?
Danielle: Loving to work with people, flexibility and adaptability are key ingredients to succeeding in event planning and entertainment. I am fortunate to work with some amazing people! I help produce and manage the right entertainment for many types of events, from assessing our clients’ needs to selecting and hiring the right talent and providing expert production coordination – and produce flawless event entertainment execution, from beginning to end. To create new opportunities and give exposure to our musical artists through public and private performances, to explore emergent trends are all part of my experience.
How do you define your market?
Danielle: As a contributor and supporter of our local jazz and music scene, LB Entertainment provides music entertainment for social, private and corporate events for-profit and non-profit sectors and for public performances at venues that support jazz and live music in general.
What are the top reasons for clients to select LB Entertainment’s music entertainment?
Danielle: There are several reasons that differentiate LB Entertainment as a boutique entertainment company. First of all, our first-hand experience of many years with live performances. We have long-standing collaborative relationships with our professional and first-rank local musical artists. They perform a broad musical spectrum and are experienced in many musical genres. Our business background and experience ensure that we deliver professional, creative, original and memorable performances. We also provide high value entertainment performances at competitive pricing. And, an important point, we are an established and insured company with a proven track record in the industry with a long list of satisfied and repeat clients.
How does music contribute to the overall success of an event?
Danielle: Music is definitely a central element in many events. In addition to providing a musical backdrop, music elevates the feel of an event; it sets the tone you want, and it creates more pleasurable and memorable celebrations. People identify with music. It creates an emotional connection. And music of the right kind is always a powerful motivator in corporate events.
What are your most memorable experiences in your career?
Danielle: To be associated with the Arts & Entertainment and the Special Events sectors has been a very inspiring and engaging experience. And, to be part of Philadelphia’s vibrant local music community and arts and cultural scene is very stimulating and rewarding. I have a chance to meet and collaborate with some very creative, innovative, and talented musical artists and performers from our local area, from New York City and, in fact, from all over the US who are passionate about what they do. I also really enjoy the relationship we build with our clients and with other professional event providers – whether we provide entertainment for a high profile event or for a small and personal occasion – and explore the many distinctive event venues that the city offers.
And of course, I love listening to the great sound of our bands and solos’ live performances with friends, either at a jazzy Sunday brunch or at a late night performance.
What are your future plans?
Danielle: I am excited about this coming year. We are contemplating new ventures and projects. Our plans are to continue to expand our brand and to position ourselves as a central player in the music entertainment special event sector. To create new gig opportunities for live performances at local venues in Philadelphia and surrounding areas. Another project will be to launch new global artistic collaborations. To upgrade the design of our websites www.lbentertainmentintl.com and www.laurentbass.com. I am also very enthused about collaborating on a new music project for a private Jazz Salon initiative in my area in Old City in conjunction with a local sponsor. It’s a great exciting opportunity. The Salon would showcase an eclectic mix of local jazz artists performing original compositions and innovative arrangements of standards.