Happy New Year!
2013 ended on a high note and we are equally excited about the New Year! We’re grateful for the support and loyalty we received from our clients, partners, fans and musician friends during the past year. Thank you for being part of our musical journey!
Several cool projects are in the work for 2014 for LB Entertainment:
- Complete program for Dubspot Producer’s Certificate in Ableton Live: certificate to be awarded to Laurent in April.
- Launch NuJazz en Bleu, Nu Jazz/acid jazz entertainment.
- Expand our musical options and add new genres to our collection for LB Jazz +One and Mélange Jazz Collective.
- Customize new jazz ensemble configurations for social, corporate events, private parties and public appearances.
- Continue mentoring students and teaching jazz theory and technique.
- Enhance our engagement with our professional associates and network relationships.
- Explore and create international musical and cultural opportunities.
NU JAZZ – solo performances (NEW)
Laurent recently created and produced two new exciting pieces of original music – Sky Travel and Golden Glow – to add to his Nu Jazz portfolio using Ableton/Dubspot Studio music environment for solo electronic performances. The style blends elements of electro, funk, dance, tecno, hip-hop, live sax and improvisation. Both compositions reflect Laurent’s unique sound and can be heard on our website at www.lbentertainmentintl.com/music/
A few words about Dubspot:
“Dubspot (www.dubstpot.com) is a cutting-edge electronic music production school in New York City and online. One of the original Ableton Certified Training Centers in the world (www.ableton.com), Dubspot has become the premier music school for experienced and aspiring artists alike. Dubspot is an ever-growing community of musicians, DJs, visual artists, audio professionals, veteran producers and enthusiasts of all genres who share one thing—a genuine passion for music.”
CALENDAR (public appearances)
January 5th – Sunday Live Jazz Brunch with Mélange Jazz Collective at Manayunk Brewery Restaurant (www.manayunkbrewery.com). Laurent Bass, tenor and soprano sax; Bert Harris, upright bass; Kimpedro Rodriguez, drums; Steven Strawitz on guitar.
January 18th – 20th Annual Hair O’ the Dog (www.hairothedog.com) – Philadelphia’s swankiest Black Tie Affair at Sheraton Center City. Laurent and LB Jazz +One will perform in addition to several other entertainment artists.
February 2nd – Sunday Live Jazz Brunch, Manayunk Brewery Restaurant, Mélange Jazz Collective.
February 8th – InLiquid Benefit v-14 (www.inliquid.org/happenings/event-listings/save-the-date-benefit-v.14 ), Laurent and NuJazz en Bleu.
April 18th – Paris Wine Bar ( www.londongrill.com/paris-wine-bar), Bert Harris & Laurent Bass Jazz Duo, bass and acoustic tenor and soprano sax,
May 9th – Paris Wine Bar, Jazz Trio, Bert Harris, bass; Laurent Bass, sax; Steven Strawitz, guitar.
Some of our musical moments in 2013.